Rotary Club of Madras East donates Rs. 1 crore to Sarada Vidyalaya
Defence Minister Smt Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurates project BETI
The Rotary Club of Madras East donated Rs.1 crore to Sarada Vidhyalaya T.nagar of Sri Ramakrishna Mission group of schools to build its infrastructure for the benefit of its students. Hon’ble Smt Nirmala Sitharaman Defence Minister, and District Governor Rtn Babu Peram were present at the handover ceremony held today at the school premises.
In her address Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman complimented Rotary and various donors for their contribution towards educating the girl child. She exhorted the students of Sarada Vidhyalaya to come out their conventional thinking and join the armed forces in the services of the nation when they become adults.
This Global grant is implemented by Rotary Club of Madras East in association with Rotary Club of San Antonio USA and The Rotary Foundation.The Global Grant Project by Rotary Club of Madras East for Sri Ramakrishna Mission, Sarada Vidyalaya Group of Schools, is the 19th Global Grant Project of the club and the 2nd one for this Rotary Year 2018-19. The project is aptly named RCME`s ‘BETI – Better Education & Training Initiatives’
The club theme for the year 2018-19 is‘Empower the Girl, Energize the World’ and we at RCME derived inspirationfrom the Govt of India’s theme ‘BetiBachao, BetiPadhao’ .We are honouredthat an inspiring woman and the first full time Defence Minister of India is inaugurating the project, thereby giving the theme more fillip. This project is worth Rs.95 Lakhs and is implemented in association with the Rotary Club of San Antonio, USA. Contribution for this project has been from patrons who have supported us and our work. The Rotary Foundation has been a magnanimous supporter, along with Districts 3232 (Chennai, India) and 5840 (Texas, USA)
The Project involves provision of Infrastructure and Training Programmes
• Provision of a Computer Lab for the students of Grade XI and XII
• Infrastructure improvements by way of Laboratory Tables for the Physics, Chemistry and Biology Labs at the school
• Provision of Energy Saving devices which are expected to reduce the monthly electricity bill of the institution.
• Provision of Classroom furniture for the students across different grades.
• Improvement in teaching methodologies in association with India Literacy Project (ILP)
• Dyslexia remediation training for the teachers aimed at identification and remediation of dyslexic children
• Health and Hygiene training