Indian Academy of Neurology Conference (IANCON) 2017 to be held in Chennai
The 25th Annual Conference of the Indian Academy of Neurology will be held in Chennai from the 7th to 10th September, 2017. This is a joint meeting of the Indian Academy of Neurology and the Association of Indian Neurologists of America (AINA). Over a 1000 doctors from all over India and abroad are participating in this 4 day event.
Addressing the media, Dr. U. Meenakshisundaram, Secretary, IAN said, “The annual conference is being held in Chennai which has pioneered the growth of Neurology. Therefore, it is aptly called the ‘Mecca of Medicine’. These conferences set the stage for knowledge-sharing, exchange of ideas and networking amongst the neurologists as well as with the allied specialists in neuropathology, neurochemistry, neurophysiology, neuroradiology and neurosurgery. There are about 400 research papers being presented at the conference with prizes to be awarded for the best papers. Three pre conference workshops on neurointervention, electrophysiology and botulinum toxin injection will further enhance the learning experience.”
He added that there will be sessions on Epilepsy, Stroke, Headache, Infections, Spine neurology, Migraine etc. by internationally acclaimed neurologists.
Highlights of the 25th Annual Conference of the Indian Academy of Neurology (IAN)
· Joint meeting of the IAN and AINA (Association of Indian Neurologists of America)
· Breakfast sessions, orations, symposia, lunch symposia, platform and poster presentations and panel discussions.
· 3 pre-conference workshops
· Special AINA symposia
· Attendees are engaged in early morning YOGA sessions for stress relief and for avoidance of backache
· A “run for the brain” is to be held on Sunday, the 10th of September.
· IAN BAR-B-Quiz where the best young college students will compete.
· A record number of neurologists and students – over 1800 are attending the conference.
Formed in the year 1993, the Indian Academy of Neurology (IAN) has been growing stronger and today it comprises of more than 1500 members. It is very active in conducting teaching courses (conducts an annual summer school in neurology and a winter school in epilepsy), formulating guidelines for practice and providing travel grants to deserving students to attend national and international conferences.
Dr. C.U. Velmurugendran, Chairman, Dr. U. Meenakshisundaram, Secretary and Dr. A.V. Srinivasan, President, IANCON 2017 conference were present.
Dr. U. Meenakshisundaram, Secretary, IANCON Dr. C.U. Velmurugendran, Chairman, IANCON and Dr. A.V. Srinivasan, President, IAN